STOP! MUST READ!
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) 2-Day Course:
- REGISTER for course
- Search elearning.heart.org for the PALS Pre-course self-assessment (Employees will need an eLearning Account)
- REQUIRED: Print your completion certificate and bring certificate to class for proof of completion.
** This 2 day course is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements. If you do not fit the above criteria, please DO NOT register for the course, and contact the training center coordinator PRIOR to registration at email@example.com
- Requirements for course:
- Understand information in the PALS Provider Manual
- Understand information in New 2020 BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Providers, Be prepared to pass the child-1-rescure CPR AND infant 1- and 2- rescure CPR skills test.
- You will not be taught how to do CPR or how to use an AED. You must know this in advance!
- PALS algorithms and flowcharts:
- Be familiar with PALS algorithms & Flowcharts – apply them to clinical scenarios.
- Note that PALS Course does not present the details for each algorithm.
- Supplement your knowledge:
- Understand the information in the 2020 PALS Provider manual and on the Student Website.
- Particularly to the systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- The evaluate-identify-intervene model
- The management of respiratory & circulatory abnormalities.
If you need a book, please stop by People Services, (located by the Sim Lab), to check one out.
(You may email either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to reserve a book for you until you can come pick it up.)