Participants will learn CPR and AED use, relief of choking, and use of barrier devices in adults, children, and infants. All classes at St. Peter’s Health are taught according to American Heart Association Guidelines. Following successful completion of this course, participants will receive a two-year certification in Basic Life Support Provider CPR with AED. Cards will be e-mailed and will arrive within five business days.
Before the class:
Ensure you have read the Basic Life Support Provider CPR with AED student manual prior to attending the class.
On the day of the class:
- Classes start promptly at 7:45 AM for the morning class or at 1pm for the afternoon class.
- PLEASE Be On Time
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for class you will be asked to reschedule
- You MUST bring your CPR book to class with you!!!!!!!
- Please do not bring your children to class
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing, as you will work with manikins on the floor
- Do not wear lipstick, chew gum or eat during manikin practice
- Tie back long hair during practice, so your instructor will be able to observe your performance
- If you are ill (i.e., active cold with fever or severe coughing, flu, Hepatitis, or active Tuberculosis) or have open sores on hands, lips or face, please reschedule your class date
- Please cancel as soon as you know you cannot attend the course, as the spots are continually filling up. We will be glad to help you reschedule. If you have an emergent situation arise that prevents you from attending the course, notify the Training Center at 406-444-2375 as soon as possible.