STOP! MUST READ!
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Update:
- REGISTER for course
- Search elearning.heart.org for the PALS Pre-course self-assessment (Employees will need an eLearning Account)
- REQUIRED: Print your completion certificate and bring certificate to class for proof of completion.
- Requirements for course:
- Understand information in 2020 PALS Provider Manual
- Understand information in New 2020 BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Be prepared to pass the child-1-rescure CPR AND infant 1- and 2- rescure CPR skills test.
- You will not be taught how to do CPR or how to use an AED. You must know this in advance!
- PALS algorithms and flowcharts:
- Be familiar with PALS algorithms & Flowcharts – apply them to clinical scenarios.
- Note that PALS Course does not present the details for each algorithm.
- Supplement your knowledge:
- Understand the information in the 2020 PALS Provider manual and on the Student Website.
- Particularly to the systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- The evaluate-identify-intervene model
- The management of respiratory & circulatory abnormalities.
- This Course Does NOT Cover:
- BLS CPR
- Pharmacology information
**If you do not learn and understand the ECG and pharmacology information in the pre-course assessment tests, it is unlikely that you can successfully complete the PALS Provider Course.
- If you need a book, please stop by People Development, (located by the Sim Lab), to check one out.
(You may email either WKussman@sphealth.org or
TMcGree@sphealth.org to reserve a book for you until you can come pick it up.)